Friday, November 25, 2011

Photos





Today a parcel arrived with the new blue enamel coffee pot that is going down to Whitby,a sort of house present for the house.  It is a lovely deep blue, and not very well taken by me the photographer, but in gathering some of the photos taken over time, came up with a beautiful white capped blue sea at Skinninggrove, and the wool roving I am spinning at the moment, pale shades of blue, two greens and a pink.
This idea of combining wool colours with what you see around is beautifully photographed in  Alison Daykin and Jane Deane's book of Creative Spinning.  Taking the seasons of the year and the colours you see around in nature.
My external drive with all my photos refuses to work at the moment, and I'm not sure how to get the photos back except inviting a computer expert to extract them - costs money so its been put on the back burner at the moment.






This is a photo from the roof when the great plan was hatched to put up a camera there


These are the gypsy ponies taken late summer, gently snoozing at midday

Tuesday photos show them sleepy once more

her mane is a tangle of burrs, a good groom would not come amiss

3 comments:

  1. Lovely photos. Your coffee jug is the most beautiful shade of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am fond of kettles and pots in bright enamel--my son bought me a red kettle as a house-warming gift when we moved here.
    Horses and ponies add such character to a landscape--just by being there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks DW, the coffee pot is a great colour, and Hi MM, not sure if I can answer on your blog, but the latest batch of photos with all the patchwork quilts were just right for a thanksgiving holiday.

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!