Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Bunnies in Newcastle

No I kid you not, wild rabbits living on a traffic island as the cars flowed round, I saw one at the university entrance, completely unconcerned, nibbling away at the grass.  Mostly on the two hour drive to Newcastle one saw squashed bunny on the road, along with a far greater number of pheasants their bright feathers fanned out.


Crossing the river Tyne  The glass building is part of the university

the little rabbit is behind the daffodils
Newcastle on Tyne is a large complex urban town. something I hate and will not be found in normally but this was my first introduction to a Northern town.  It has I believe the second largest retail outlet in Europe called the Metro, in fact we went round it to find Homebase, which we didn't because the place was  so enormous!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love having comments!