Thursday, October 23, 2014

Thursday

I caught a snatch of music this morning on Classic Radio, brought back memories of 'Listen with Mother', quarter to two every afternoon, and now children are you sitting quietly, apparently finished in the 1980s. Well it was Faure who wrote it, and it was called the 'Dolly Suite'.

Not much to write about, so I start sorting photos once more and notice some of the porch of St.James, Avebury, with the splattering of the stonework by birds, think it was the swallows who nest there.   Looking through my old blog, I find what I have written about the font of St.James with its bishop seeming to slay the dragon (although I note on another blog they see them as serpents,) underneath his feet, how much I relished the old and new religions.



Norman Porch

Hollyhocks in a cottage garden in Avebury

And as always the 'pagans' have a good time at the Red Lion


4 comments:

  1. The good old Dolly Suite, Thelma. I love it. The listen with mother bit is from the first piece, which I think is called 'Kitty' - I have it somewhere as a piano duet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it took me back, such a gentle piece of music, children of course are so different now...

      Delete
  2. Gosh, you've just taken me back a few years Thelma!, and I remember "Time to Go Home" at the end of something - just checked, and it was Andy Pandy. Blimey. I must be ancient!

    Loved the photos of Avebury Church, which we have never explored.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennie, there is Saxon inside the church as well. I remember 'Time to Go Home' as well, with the two 'weeds', life was simple in the old days ;)

      Delete

Love having comments!