Monday, October 31, 2016

Happy Halloween





The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe


Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore--
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
"'Tis some visiter," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door--
Only this and nothing more."


Well it is that time of the year, and the fog this morning has transformed everything into a gray gloom so that lurking gravestones can easily move out of the corner of your eye......  The rest of this very long poem by Poe can be found in the link below, and does not necessarily apply to Halloween, as December is mentioned.  Poe frightened me as a child, as I eagerly devoured every book in the library about ghosts and horror stories.  There was someone on the radio this morning saying all that flesh taken out of carved pumpkins should be eaten, rather than going into land fill waste!  Must say I cannot stand pumpkin pie.....



Source: http://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/the-raven-by-edgar-allan-poe

2 comments:

  1. We have two pumpkins hollowed out this year (one each) as it is my birthday!!
    I too hate pumpkin pie - it tasted of absolutely mothing other than the nutmeg or whatever flavouring you try to disguise its
    disgusting taste with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well many happy returns on your birthday, and definitely don't eat pumpkin pie. X

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!