Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Tuesday 15th November

Slightly nervous this morning waiting for the new car to arrive.  A lot of soul searching went on about getting a second car.  My commitment to the environment argued against it, but there again it was essential if LS's car was to go bust or even, heaven forbid, that he became ill.  So that was part of the argument, the other argument was that I could find better places to explore on my walks with Lucy and that LS could be a passenger, something he complains about is that he always has to drive.  I can't drive his automatic car, and like the good old fashioned gear system.  When I told my son over the weekend about the car, he said mum, you are going back to your old ways, which means that my need to explore and walk is as still strong as ever. 
Well that supermoon did not live up to expectation, I went a walk in the fields as it was getting dark to see if I could see it, but all I saw, and  it was much better, was a barn owl swooping low over the field, great compensation!
Yesterday a friend in Cornwall sent a video of him training his young pup Tweed a few years ago, the music was Spinal Tap and Cat Steven's, and the young dog's excitement at meeting Scottish longhorns and sheep was almost tangible, and of course the film was taken over Bodmin Moor which added to its appeal. 
It shines as new! sadly doubt if I will keep it in such good condition



8 comments:

  1. Very smart. Love the colour. Good luck on your jaunts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I have quite like the colour as well Pat ;).

      Delete
  2. Love the colour - enjoy it - it's beautiful and all yours (and Lucy's!) Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Problem is Trudie it is so clean, Lucy's muddy paws are not going to help, will find a large quilt for her!

      Delete
  3. Changes are essential as we age. This will give you much pleasure I am sure and since you are not driving twice as much, it will not be an environmental issue. I also think the new cars are more efficient.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very true Tabor, in fact I pay no road tax because it is efficient which is a bit of a bonus.

      Delete
  4. Here in Melbourne Australia we got thick cloud and missed the big orange moonrise. The next night though we saw 99% of it - nearly as good! Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad someone had that experience, think the moon is never as large in this country as others!

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!