Friday, November 24, 2017

Rime


playing with 'edit' 
Rime;  Just a word that floated through my mind this morning as I looked out on the frost-riven fields.  I wondered how much it was used in poetry but my computer was not playing ball on that one! So guess this one, the word Rime is in the title.....
The ice was here, the ice was there,
The ice was all around :
It cracked and growled, and roared and howled,
Like noises in a swound !

Old English hrīm, of Germanic origin; related to Dutch rijm. The word became rare in Middle English but was revived in literary use at the end of the 18th century.
old photo of a really cold day



2 comments:

  1. That frost in your photograph makes my window pane look very tame Thelma. That really is one very cold day. But there is beauty there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my frosty photo album but it was very cold on the day!

    ReplyDelete

Love having comments!